To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Zone actuators & zone valves

BenWojBenWoj Posts: 27Member
I can't seem to picture this in my head. I'm trying to determine if I can use one manifold to supply heat to two zones. I was currently going to buy two 4 loop manifolds and power each one with their own zone valve, but if I'm able to purchase one eight loop manifold how would I hook up the zone valve with manifold actuators?
· ·

Comments

• RichRich Posts: 1,123Member ✭✭✭
    Actuators

in effect are zone valves for each loop . You would not need additional zone valves .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC 732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey , Eastern Pa .
    Consultation , Design & Installation
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    · ·
  • ZmanZman Posts: 2,228Member ✭✭✭
    As Rich said....

You would have an actuator on each loop. That  would be 8 actuators and a big enough transformer to power them all.

You would be better off going with 2 zone valves and 2 regular 4 hole manifolds.

Carl
    · ·
  • BenWojBenWoj Posts: 27Member
    edited September 2013
    That's what I was thinking

When does it make sense to use manifold actuators?
    Post edited by BenWoj on
    · ·
  • RichRich Posts: 1,123Member ✭✭✭
    When

you have multiple zones in an area where only 1 manifold is desirable or possible .
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC 732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey , Eastern Pa .
    Consultation , Design & Installation
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!