Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Viessmann vitodens wb2b / 35 pumping

KevinG
KevinG Member Posts: 2
I am installing a Vitodens 200 WB2B 35KW for Hot Water & Heat (Teledyne Larrs indirect) taking off the supply side (bypassing the LLH) and a LLH supplying 3) 3/4" zone valves (honeywell) baseboard 1) 1" zone valve (honeywell) baseboard and a Zone (constant circulation) the coldest room with a vitrotrol 300 (thermostat) with no zone valve. The zones are all different lengths. I will run the system with a outdoor reset and the Vitrotrol 300 will give me the option to get that room a bit warmer when needed. I would like to install 3 Taco Bumblebee circulators. The home is in Stowe Vt. -30 degrees design. and will normally be 50-55 degrees unoccupied. When occupied we like it 70 degrees and have a wood stove and pellet stove hence the vitrotrol 300. Any ideas about pumping, pumps (maybe Delta P) Delta T setpoints or anything else I might find interesting. Thanks for your help in advance. Kevin G.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    edited September 2013
    A Bit Curious

As to how you think the Vitotrol is going to keep the room warmer? What are your thoughts about the effect that Vitotrol is going to have on your other zones. You still only have one heating circuit in the Viessmann world. A Vitotrol is meant to be used in an open floor plan where constant circulation is all you want. Zoning would come from having TRV's on the emitters.
    "The bitter taste of a poor installation remains much longer than the sweet taste of the lowest price."
  • KevinG
    KevinG Member Posts: 2

The other zones with zone valves will have thermostats and will have balancing valves, to compensate for the different lengths. I will probably leave the setpoint and curve for app. 55 degrees and the 300 and thermostats will prevent overheating when using the pellet & woodstoves.
This discussion has been closed.