To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Header For a Small Boiler

Hi Guys,

I understand why a bigger piped header slows down the velocity of the steam to drop out water. My question is that the SlantFin Galaxy recommends a 2.5" header in the manual which covers models from 100,000 to 300,000 btu's. Obviously, the 300 boiler pushes much more steam through the same diameter pipe than a 100.

My boiler is only 120,000 btu's. I'm coming off the boiler with a 2.5" riser that will be around 34" above normal water level. Would it be okay to reduce the drop header to 2" after the 2.5" riser on such a small boiler? The steam mains are 2". Reason being is a sprinkler contractor at work left a bunch of 2" Ward iron fittings and nipples after the job was finished last year. The equalizer will be 1.5" (Also my threader at work only goes to 2")

My old boiler was piped this way and seemed to work well. If I have to bite the bullet, I'll go 2.5" but if 2" is satisfactory that would save me some time and money.

Thanks.
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!