To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

line voltage to dry contact

PaulypfunkPaulypfunk Posts: 18Member
We are switching out a pretty simple tank system for a mod con boiler.  The old system was a 65 gal hot water heater, one zone with one circulator and six hydronic wall blower units.  The house has five line voltage thermostats.  When there is a call for heat from any of the tstats it sends line voltage to the circ pump. 

We now have a TT prestige excellence.  I need to send power to the circ pump on a call for heat and I need a way to convert that 120V call for heat across a transformer to a dry contact into the TT on the boiler control board.  It is my understanding that a simple 120/24v transformer wont work.  The instructions state that the call for heat contact must be dry and have no voltage present.

Can someone suggest an isolated relay that should be readily available?

thx

Paul Stalwart
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!