To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Indirect water heater and control

JTMJTM Posts: 1Member
I have a peerless boiler with an internal coil that provides hot water. I have hard water (12 – 13 grains of hardness, 204-221 ppm) and the coil calcifies every 4 years or so (at $800 a pop). The local heating company is recommending an indirect water heater to solve the problem. A couple of questions:

1) Will this truly solve the problem -- or is there a better solution? Will I still get calcification within the indirect system itself and/or piping?

2) They are recommending the Buderus S32 (S120) and the Crown Megastor 40 at over $400 more -- are both capable units? is the Megastor worth $400 more?

3) Should I replace my older control box with a "cold start" model ($330 more) or a Beckett Aquastart ($398 more)?

Thanks so much
· ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!