To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sizing an Internal Expansion vessel???

Tomorrow I'm installing a Bosch ZBR 35 combi boiler for the first time. I'm just reading through the manual and Its says that that Internal Expansion vessel pre-charge pressure must equal the static system height of the boiler.

How exactly do I calculate whether or not  I would need to add an on another expansion tank?   I believe I need to find out how many gallons the system holds. Now this being a retrofit that might be tricky. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

• kcoppkcopp Posts: 1,843Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    If you doing....

a simple system w/ a copper finn tube set up you are prob going to be fine. I might leave a threaded tee on the return to make a way in case you need it.

You can add a bit of air to the extrol inside if you have abnormal height.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!