To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Zone

MpjMpj Posts: 109Member ✭✭
I'm looking at boiler replacement job with a total house load of about 75,000 BTU's. I'm thinking about a mod-con with a buffer tank. The house has 6 existing zone and a 80 gallon indirect, the zones are kinda small and only doing a couple rooms each. They have a interior bathroom that has a radiant floor which is about 1,200 BTU's.

How would you guys pipe in this radiant zone? Mixing valve? I series valve? something else?

Thanks
· ·

Comments

• RichRich Posts: 1,087Member ✭✭✭
    Is this

bathroom it's own zone with a dedicated thermostat or an individual loop off of a manifold ?   
    You didn't get what you didn't pay for and it will never be what you thought it would .
    Langans Plumbing & Heating LLC 732-751-1560
    Serving most of New Jersey , Eastern Pa .
    Consultation , Design & Installation
    Rich McGrath 732-581-3833
    · ·
  • MpjMpj Posts: 109Member ✭✭
    Zone

Yes, the bathroom is its own zone. It currently have a three way mixing valve off the boiler. It has a t87 thermostat controlling the circulator. 
    · ·
  • SWEISWEI Posts: 4,791Member ✭✭✭✭
    Total houe load

Is that a calculated heat loss?  Why so many zones?  Might be an opportunity to simplify things...
    · ·
  • MpjMpj Posts: 109Member ✭✭
    load

Yes, that is the total house load. He want to keep almost every room on its own zone.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!