To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Fluidmaster 400A

Boiler TalkBoiler Talk Posts: 121Member
I recently replaced that 1" gasket under the Cap, but I'm sure the unit is older than 5 years.  The instructions on the replacement gasket say I should replace the whole unit.  Has anyone seen a catastrophic failure because it was just older than 5 years? 
gif
gif
400a001.gif
0B
·

Comments

• kevinkevin Posts: 60Member
    fluidmaster

5 years old, you are fine, I have seen many way older than that.
    ·
  • bob youngbob young Posts: 2,174Member ✭✭✭
    fluidmaster

if fluidmaster products were any cheaper they would be paying you to use them. open up your pockbook & replace the whole thing.  the labor is the same , get a grip.
    ·
  • billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,102Member ✭✭✭
    throw-away society

that is whet is encouraged. If the washer replacement works, go for it. They sell more complete units if they recommend replacing the whole valve. It means more $$$$
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!