To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

outside oil fired boiler ?

spacemizerspacemizer Posts: 1Member
If I build an enclosure {insulated} can I use my hb smith oil boiler outside?    space is very limited inside.    Thanks for your advice    Garry
· ·

Comments

• chapchap70chapchap70 Posts: 131Member
    Why not?

Be sure you provide proper venting and air for combustion and do everything according to the manual.
    · ·
  • billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,048Member ✭✭✭
    main concerns

no domestic water to it. It should be run with antifreeze. Your hot water source should be in the house. Also this shed needs to be built to code. Non combustible floor, firecode sheetrock, low water cut off, all thermal fireomatics for oil and electricity, air intake, ventilation, etc. How are you going to vent this boiler? They are not direct vent, so it will need a chimney or powervent to get a negative draft overfire. Just a few thoughts
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!