Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

r22 drop in

could the professor enlighten us about m099 etc. for retro fit. i am very leary about using any of them right now. i would rather the customer fix leaks or convert to 410a. if just a small amt. of r22 to top off a system , i would rather chge them a little more money than take risks. help!!

Comments

• earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    Mo99

It is more important to fix the leaks when converting to the drop in refrigerants. Like 410a, they leak their blend at different rates and will loose their efectiveness. Just converted my wife's parents unit to mo99 due to the cost difference. Fixed the leaks and changed out the dryers and shrader cores. At that time r22 cost over $500 a jug while I could get the mo99 for about $150 per jug.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
  • earl burnermann
    earl burnermann Member Posts: 126
    Mo99

It is more important to fix the leaks when converting to the drop in refrigerants. Like 410a, they leak their blend at different rates and will loose their efectiveness. Just converted my wife's parents unit to mo99 due to the cost difference. Fixed the leaks and changed out the dryers and shrader cores. At that time r22 cost over $500 a jug while I could get the mo99 for about $150 per jug.
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!
This discussion has been closed.