To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

gun-barreled radiators

Hello,

I've been pricing oil to gas conversion in my steam-heated Queen Anne and have been getting so many opinions on steam (and boilers and hot water options) that I'm rather exhausted from lack of consensus. So, here I am to do more back study.

Ten years ago I had a steam-enamored heating contractor who gave me loads of background on my 1889ish state-of-the-art 2-pipe steam system, along with its history and some simple schematics. Some of my radiators, he said, were recycled from CivilWar-era gun barrels...

In measuring radiators to determine boiler size, do these gun-barreled types (attached) get measured the same as other column radiators? Does the 12" circumference of each barrel need special consideration? I haven't been able to find similar images online and I get discouraged to hear contractors say they have never seen the like.

This particular one is 2 columned, 7 sectioned and stands 39" from foot to cat.

Anyone have anything to say about this? Appreciated!

Suz.
jpg
jpg
luna_radiating.jpg
0B
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!