Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam indirect

STEAM DOCTOR
STEAM DOCTOR Member Posts: 1,952
Application: Burnham Alliance indirect off steam boiler. Question: Whats the best way to control the temperature of the water that is leaving the boiler and supplying the indirect? I am trying to keep supply to indirect under 212 to prevent flashing to steam. I can blend return water into supply water. Only concern is due to the fluctuations in boiler water temp. If I get supply water down to 180 when boiler water is 212 obviously I will have problems during non heating season when boiler water is 180. I guess I can reduce supply temp down to 200 when boiler temp is 212 and set aquastat to 190 so that during off season supply temp is close to 180. I looked into mixing valves but they seem to have temp limits off 212 which is too close for comfort(in particular b/c boiler water can reach 215 at 2psi). Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated as usual.

Comments

• STEAM DOCTOR
    before and after photos

Old boiler was about twice the size of new one. With new properly sized boiler,skimmed boiler,new near boiler piping,new slow rad air vents and gorton#2 main vent and thermostat set at 1 cph all the rads get hot in aprox 20-30 minute (cold start) with barely a sound
  • STEAM DOCTOR
    thank you heatinghelp

This was a heatinghelp job. It pays to advertise!
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,513
    Well done!

You prove that it does. Proud of you!
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.