To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

how to evacuate a precharged unit

commandocommando Posts: 2Member
Im fresh out of school and 1 thing i didnt get to do was evac a precharged unit if any of you can help out and give me the steps to do i will greatly appreciate it....i have about 2 weeks to do a 30,000 dollar ac job @_@
· ·

Comments

• RJRJ Posts: 421Member ✭✭
    evac

I am concerned you are a tackling such a large job with what I think your saying is no field exp.  for your safety and others have a journeyman show you the proper procedure
    RJ
    · ·
  • Bart VaioBart Vaio Posts: 53Member ✭✭
    I agree

If they didn't teach you something as fundamental and basic as evac what else did you miss out on? Sounds like you are doing the customer and the trade a disservice to attempt to finish this project without a qualified journeyman. Continuing on that line your employer should be advised or brought to task for saddling you with a project way outside of your capabilities. It's ok to ask your fellow employees for help, you shouldn't be winging it solo this early.
    · ·
  • command0command0 Posts: 1Member
    re:

Listen i know how to do all the stuff but the only thing i didnt get to do is a precharged unit......i already know how to do everything else...so please just answer the question if u can dont bother cuz i have less than 2 weeks to start and i dont want to wait that long to figure it out
    · ·
  • Paul SPaul S Posts: 501Member
    pre-charged

If were thinking of the same thing....a pre-charged condensing unit...then it was already evacuated by the manufacture....all you have to do is connect the refrigerant lines and evacuated the system then open the valves....but there is allot more involved than just what I just explained like purging with nitrogen while brazing...pulling a correct vacuum...with a micron gauge....like everyone has been saying two weeks fresh out of school is no time for anyone to be on a installation alone...especially if your asking how to evacuate a precharged system.... Paul S
    · ·
  • TechmanTechman Posts: 1,976Member ✭✭✭
    Really.

How about putting gas into an all electric car. Good Luck Kid!
    · ·
  • ZmanZman Posts: 2,187Member ✭✭✭
    Rule one?

Be nice!

Sometimes you are better off hooking up with another contractor to be sure the job gets done right.

You have to start somewhere, The last thing you want is to make a bad first impression.

Carl
    · ·
  • Robert O'BrienRobert O'Brien Posts: 2,209Member ✭✭
    "The last thing you want is to make a bad first impression."

Too late! :)
    · ·
  • commandocommando Posts: 2Member
    really!.... lol

Gas in an electric car lol dick move but funny
    · ·
  • TechmanTechman Posts: 1,976Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    precharged.

I'm glad you like! So, let me ask you a Q , How do you evacuate a precharged unit? The proper information should be in the book from your school ,I would think. What book did you use in school? I may have a copy.
    Post edited by Techman on
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!