Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Weber Natural Gas Grill Home Hookup

Pauly047
Pauly047 Member Posts: 1
I saw some other posts where everyone helped out, so I'm hoping someone can help me through my issue. If I'm stating things incorrectly or not giving enough information, please let me know.

I have a Weber natural gas grill. I had it hooked up to the outside outlet we had put into our house when it was built. The quick connect on the house says 1/2" as does the hose installed to the grill when I purchased it. Everything was working fine until last week. Now the gas won't "reach" the grill. I put the hose in the quick connect and nothing happens. If I put upward pressure on the hose, gas flows but as soon as I let off the pressure, it stops. I had some gas guys look at it and they think the quick connect is bad. I've only used it like 4 times.

As I'm reading online, I saw that Weber uses 3/8" connections but my house and hose are 1/2". Is this as simple as replacing the quick connect on the house. Not me, but the gas guys. Do I just get it replaced with another 1/2" quick connect or do I need to move to 3/8"? If that's the case, was the wrong hose installed on the grill from the beginning?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm only trying to convey what I see and I know nothing about natural gas. Hence the call to the gas guys.

Any help would be appreciated. If I am making no sense, telling me so would help me out so don't be bashful!

Thanks.

Comments

• Zman
    Zman Member Posts: 7,561
    Bad Quick connect

It sounds like there is something wrong with your quick connect. Maybe some debris got inside and plugged it up. It could also be an internal part was dislodged and is obstructing the flow. If it was a simple air valve, I would suggest trying to clean and repair it, since it is gas, you really should just have a new one installed. I would buy it as a set with both ends to be sure they are compatible. Don't worry about the 3/8" vs 1/2" thing. Weber  has already figured that out. If it worked before it will work again.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    Albert Einstein
  • LPGasman
    LPGasman Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2013
    Does your gas connection

look like this
This discussion has been closed.