To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Help me choose system for midsize new england house

RekonnRekonn Posts: 15Member
Hello, which of these two systems would you choose? I have a 2100 sqft 2 floor house built in 1928 with attic and basement in Arlington MA. I've had two contractors do manual J calculations, both came up with ~66k heating btu load. I plan to finish the basement (~900sqft) in the next year or two. Both options are very similar in price, so that's not really a factor.

System 1: AC + hydro air

First floor:

2.5 ton Carrier FV4CNF002 fan coil with ECM motor AHRI #3657139 and hot water coil in basement

Second floor:

2 ton Carrier FV4CNF002 fan coil with ECM motor AHRI #3657138 and hot water coil in attic

Two condensing units installed outside on plastic pad, Carrier 24ACC630A and Carrier 24ACC624A

Buderus GB142-30 condensing gas boiler, 96% AFUE

reuse existing indirect water heater

save cast iron baseray baseboards currently on first floor for when basement eventually finished

System 2: AC + furnace

First Floor:

80,000 BTU Trane XV95 Variable speed Furnace, XB14 3 ton Trane condenser, Trane 3 ton coil

Second Floor:

60,000 BTU Trane XV95 Variable Speed Furnace, XB14 2 ton Trane condenser, Trane 2 ton coil ( Furnace boxed in attic to keep insulated )

2410 April Air Filter

Model 400 April Air humidifier ( basement only)

Furnace sized for future basement zone

new 50 gal gas hot water heater
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!