To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Help with finding an angle valve for Runtal radiators

We're putting in Runtal wall radiators in our remodel and will have the pipes come in from the walls above the baseboards. However, the Runtal standard angle valves would need to be set partially in wall, which means we would have to use escutcheons to hide the opening.

I want to avoid having to use escutcheons and was hoping somebody here would have brand/part number for angle valves they've used for Runtal installations that allows flush installation without the valves having to be set partially in wall. Alan Forbes, a frequent contributor here, mentioned that the valve he used in the attached picture was from Ballofix but his supplier no longer stocks it.

I really appreciate any help!!! Thanks.



  • Paul PolletsPaul Pollets Member Posts: 2,954
    TRV's and angle valves

    Using an angle valve when the wall panel is thin is difficult due to the radius of the angle valve. The radiator tapping needs to be at least 11/2" from the wall to plumb in a valve.

    Here's the link to the Oventrop valves and specs. Maybe you can find one that will work...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 4
    Is this Oventrop the right one?


    Thanks for pointing me to Oventrop. The only one I found that might work is the SKU 1091082 on this page:

    I can't seem to find specs on how far it protrudes from the wall. Is that one the most comparable to the Runtal angle shut off valve in the attached picture?
  • SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,077
    That looks a lot like the Myson LKD16AN

    which quotes 1.75" depth (versus 1.98" on  the Oventrop.)  Myson detail shows 1.03" to centerline of radiator spud, but remember with either of these planted flush your pipe would effectively terminate inside the wall sheeting. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 4
    Question about the Myson valve

    Thanks for pointing out the Myson option, which is shallower than the Runtal valve (the one in the picture, not the Oventrop). So if they terminate inside the wallsheeting, then I'd have to use an escutcheon still?
  • SWEISWEI Member Posts: 7,077
    Myson lockshield valves

    No need to use escutcheons per se, but they do save on paint/plaster finish labor.  
  • Alan (California Radiant) ForbesAlan (California Radiant) Forbes Member Posts: 1,104
    edited June 2013

    It would be nice to know what Runtal recommends on how to install their radiators.

    Don't they have any "solutions" on their website?
    Often wrong, never in doubt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 4
    Runtal valve offering

    For the angle valve, the picture I posted previously was what Runtal had, which requires in wall termination. The Myson valve suggsted by SWEI is actually shallower and is just deeper than the radiator centerpoint by 0.03".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 211

    Can you move the rad further off the wall? If I remember correctly the Runtal 'L' brackets can be flipped around for different wall spacings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 7

    This usually where I end up looking
  • Oh, I get it!

    In this land of plenty:

    We used to be able to do it this way and make it look good, but now when for some reason, we can't get this perfectly suited connector, we can't do it this way anymore.

    Something is wrong somewhere.
    Often wrong, never in doubt.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!