Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Heating Help Please...

J_Anthony
J_Anthony Member Posts: 2
Not sure on what heating system to go with here. My home (just purchased) is built on a slab so there is no basement, which makes things difficult. The current heating system is a furnace (gas) forced hot air however there isn’t any ductwork to most of the home. Therefore most of the house is without any heat that is why I need a new heating system. I plan on putting in a combi boiler, looking at the Navien CH240.

After doing some research and having people come in it seems that I am down to two options: hydro air or radiant floor heating.

With hydro air I have the benefit of getting central air conditioning as well. My concerns are what would be best for a home that is on a slab? Is doing radiant heat on a slab a good idea? I would be going with the panels if I did this. I doubt that the slab is insulated so I am concerned if this would be enough to heat my home in the winter (I’m in NY).

How would hydro air system be in a home on a slab? Would it just constantly be kicking on because of heat loss due to a slab? I am re-insulating the whole house as well as we speak. What are everyone’s opinions? What’s the best system or way to go? Budget in mind :)

Comments

• Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Counterflow?

Is it a counterflow furnace(ducts in slab?) Is there an attic above the entire living space?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • J_Anthony
    J_Anthony Member Posts: 2
    Yes...

Yes, it is. There is a small crawl space attic.
This discussion has been closed.