To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Heating Help Please...

J_AnthonyJ_Anthony Posts: 2Member
Not sure on what heating system to go with here. My home (just purchased) is built on a slab so there is no basement, which makes things difficult. The current heating system is a furnace (gas) forced hot air however there isn’t any ductwork to most of the home. Therefore most of the house is without any heat that is why I need a new heating system. I plan on putting in a combi boiler, looking at the Navien CH240.

After doing some research and having people come in it seems that I am down to two options: hydro air or radiant floor heating.

With hydro air I have the benefit of getting central air conditioning as well. My concerns are what would be best for a home that is on a slab? Is doing radiant heat on a slab a good idea? I would be going with the panels if I did this. I doubt that the slab is insulated so I am concerned if this would be enough to heat my home in the winter (I’m in NY).

How would hydro air system be in a home on a slab? Would it just constantly be kicking on because of heat loss due to a slab? I am re-insulating the whole house as well as we speak. What are everyone’s opinions? What’s the best system or way to go? Budget in mind :)
· ·

Comments

• Robert O'BrienRobert O'Brien Posts: 2,303Member ✭✭✭
    Counterflow?

Is it a counterflow furnace(ducts in slab?) Is there an attic above the entire living space?
    · ·
  • J_AnthonyJ_Anthony Posts: 2Member
    Yes...

Yes, it is. There is a small crawl space attic.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!