To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Power Gas Conversion Burners

Tim McElwainTim McElwain Posts: 3,142Member ✭✭✭
should they be done away with? It is estimated that 98% of plumbing and heating contractors would not install them. Some interesting rumors about them are:

1. Efficiency only around 70%

2. Gas will rot the oil boiler firebox

3. They require a special stainless steel liner very expensive

4. Most Authorities Having Jurisdiction do not approve them

5. Most boiler manufacturers will void the warranty on the equipment

7. They make very high levels of carbon monoxide

The list goes on, and on and on!

Well I am getting 20 to 30 phone calls/e-mails a week from homeowners looking for someone to install one on their fairly new oil boilers. Anyone interested in this work contact me and give me your location and phone number and I will refer them to you.
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!