Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Reno

Options
I just put in 2 new peerless boilers with a domestic hot water coil. Both customers complain water comes out hot then goes luke warm. How much hot water does these coils put out? Can they handle a shower or are they only good for washing hands?

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    edited April 2013
    Options
    what model peerless

should be plenty of hot water, what are your limits set at? This sounds to me like a mixing valve issue, I hate to say it but maybe install error? do you have pics of how you installed the domestic piping... What mixing valve did you use, did you install a flow restrictor?

When I do tankless coils, I install a FR in the cold inlet that is about 1/2gpm less than the coils gpm rating and install a good anti scald mixing valve {exactly as the instructions dictate} {taco t5002 works well}... Even a watts 70af works for 1/2 the price... Then set the limits to 165-185 {160-180 can work too depends on boiler, coil, and needs}.... no exceptions, you bend the rules with tanklesses you get bit, every time...

Some coils have internal flow restrictors, and having 2 isnt a good idea, so check your instructions....

One more thing are these steam or FHW boilers?
This discussion has been closed.