To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Reno

I just put in 2 new peerless boilers with a domestic hot water coil. Both customers complain water comes out hot then goes luke warm. How much hot water does these coils put out? Can they handle a shower or are they only good for washing hands?
· ·

Comments

• heatpro02920heatpro02920 Posts: 989Member
    edited April 2013
    what model peerless

should be plenty of hot water, what are your limits set at? This sounds to me like a mixing valve issue, I hate to say it but maybe install error? do you have pics of how you installed the domestic piping... What mixing valve did you use, did you install a flow restrictor?

When I do tankless coils, I install a FR in the cold inlet that is about 1/2gpm less than the coils gpm rating and install a good anti scald mixing valve {exactly as the instructions dictate} {taco t5002 works well}... Even a watts 70af works for 1/2 the price... Then set the limits to 165-185 {160-180 can work too depends on boiler, coil, and needs}.... no exceptions, you bend the rules with tanklesses you get bit, every time...

Some coils have internal flow restrictors, and having 2 isnt a good idea, so check your instructions....

One more thing are these steam or FHW boilers?
    Post edited by heatpro02920 on
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!