To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Burnham tankless hot water control

I have a Burnham Megasteam manufactured in 2007. I utilize the tankless water heater that used to serve the house without a problem. We can take long showers (20 minutes sometimes), but have a problem filling the tub for the kids bath (seems strange to me). I don't recall this being a problem until recently. I know I made a modification to the Aquastat at some point to try and save some money. I am not sure if there is a correlation to the low hot water quantity.

The system has an Honeywell Aquastat 4006a and a Honeywell AM-1 anti scald device. Is there a way to lengthen the time for the hot water to fill the tub? I thought the tankless was meant to be on demand- so to speak. What temperature setting should the Aquastat be set to? Wen I bought the house it was set to 160 and I reduced to 120. At the time- I didn't know how to adjust the AM-1.

Long question short... What's the magic or balance between the two devices?

Second question... Should I abandon this oil fired hot water and purchase a gas hot water heater?

Thanks in advance for the help.
· ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!