To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Boiler releases water but continues to stay on

queensqueens Posts: 1Member
My boiler has run dry a few times,the first /second time the lwco switch shut everything down.Everything went back to normal.It has happened on more occasions and  now as I refill it it leaks water for a little while (pressure release ?) and then it stops.Then I'm able to refill it, it runs fine throughout  the day, then the next morning I notice water has leaked again and the boiler is running dry again.Is it a problem with the pressure release valve ? How can I check ? Main board ?

Thank You
· ·

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Posts: 5,578Member ✭✭✭
    Find a contractor button

You will need professional help for this problem, as it seems your boiler has begun to leak.

He should overfill the boiler, and then look for the leak.--NBC
    · ·
  • KnavePKnaveP Posts: 20Member
    Boiler or return lines?

Is it that the boiler is leaking or is it losing water due to a leak elsewhere?
    · ·
  • JStarJStar Posts: 2,530Member ✭✭✭
    Boiler

SHUT THE BOILER OFF. DO NOT USE IT,

You have a major safety hazard right now. Don't use the boiler until you can have it fixed or replaced.
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357
    j.star@thatcherhvac.com
    http://thatcherhvac.com
    http://facebook.com/thatcherhvac

Guaranteed performance. Guaranteed energy savings.
    Serving all of NJ, NYC, Southern NY State, and eastern PA.
    Consultation anywhere.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!