To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

i have seen people increase size of evap coil 1/2 ton for increased effeciency for example 3ton condensor with a 3 1/2 coil....but i recently been seeing new installs due to the hurricane with 3 ton condensors with 5 ton coils is that right????the answer ive been getting is" thats the only way they can get the seer rating high"???can anyone tell me why you would increase evap coil and the proper way to do it??

• JStarJStar Posts: 2,630Member ✭✭✭

This is the only way to do it. Use the AHRI directory.

A bigger coil can absorb more BTUH. It's not just a blind science, though. Sometimes a 3 ton condenser will produce the same SEER rating with a 3.5 ton coil as it does with a 5 ton coil.
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357 ext. 2
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!