To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Pri/sec piping

heatpro02920heatpro02920 Posts: 989Member
a primary loop 1 1/4" with a 1" secondary {6 zones with check valves in the circs on the supply side}, would you install a check valve on the primary loop? No DHW, they have a solar system... I installed the system myself about 2 years ago, I did not put a check valve in the primary {I only install them if there is an indirect coming off of it}, they had their plumber there servicing their solar DHW system that he installed and maintains and he told them I did not install a check valve or wye filter and this will cause problems for some reason {even though they are on their second heating season with it}// The system is all pex with hydro coils and the only cast in the system is the circs, I don't install wye strainers unless there is a need....

I never pick apart anyones work and I hate that I got this phone call, the boiler is a gb and works very well, they admitted they see at least 40% in savings, but wanted to know if they should let him install the check valve and strainer {for $390}.... I told them no, I wouldn't.....
· ·

Comments

• Aaron_in_MaineAaron_in_Maine Posts: 145Member
    No

I would have told them the same thing. Between zone valves and IFC pumps I have not installed a check valve in a couple years.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!