Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

American Standard condensing propane furnace lockout issues

ddr
ddr Member Posts: 14
We installed an American Standard warm air furnace in a customers home about five years ago. The system ran fine for years and then...this year has had nothing but lockout issues. The fault code comes up as a 2-flash which is (3 unsuccessful tries for ignition). We verified correct inlet gas pressure-12"WC, correct manifold pressure-6"WC first stage and 10"WC second stage. When fired, the pressure drop is not more than 1.25"WC. Flame signal is 2 micro amps. The primary heat exchanger was cleaned, the fresh air pipe disconnected, the pressure switch closes at he proper settings. The flame sensor was replaced along with the circuit board to try to eliminate grounding issues but still the same thing. The propane tank was filled in the summer and just recently filled again late February. Maybe I'm missing some thing obvious here but what else should I be checking?

Thanks

Comments

• heatpro02920
    heatpro02920 Member Posts: 991
    ground

normally these issues are ground related, is it a damp basement? Clean all the ground contacts, everywhere, I had one that was driving my techs crazy for almost a week, I went there and is was the burners ground...

Also i had bad boards rite from the supply house, seems some guys like to put their old board back in the box and return them as new...
  • VictoriaEnergy
    VictoriaEnergy Member Posts: 126
    2 thins I'd look for....

On a 5 year old old install I'd look for:

1) scaling up on the front side of the in-shot burners, this delays or stops the flame from travelling successfully from burner to burner between the HSI and the flame rod within the control's allowable time limit.

2) On a system with no pilot flame loads; put a manometer on the furnace and look for either very high lock-up pressures, or the opposite, where the the pressure slumps way down to very low pressures before the sticking service reg opens up.  Most often this only does it only after the system has been off for a long time.
    Home Owners Please Note:

You are receiving advice from some very skilled pros completely free of charge. One of the reasons I participate is to sharpen my own troubleshooting skills. So; did we get it right? I would be grateful if you extend this courtesy back by posting the final outcome of the issue you are inquiring about. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.