To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Air seal and fire block PEX and PVC penetrations

oakoak Posts: 5Member
They say, keep Great Stuff and other volatile caulks and foams away form PEX. I need something to air seal and fire block the many PEX and PVC pipe/tube penetrations from my mechanical room throughout the house. The plumbing pipes, potable water and heating PEX are bridging conditioned and unconditioned spaces so I need the air sealing feature most.

Please advise on affordable fireblocking sealants (tubes or puttys) that are safe with PEX and PVC.
· ·

Comments

• SWEISWEI Posts: 4,657Member ✭✭✭✭
    quite a few

of the fire caluks are rated as PVC safe.  PEX is far less sensitive to solvents than PVC.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!