To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Dan

Paul48Paul48 Posts: 2,429Member ✭✭✭
How and why is this site tracking my activities on the internet? I guess I should thank you, because I didn't realize that I wasn't protected from tracking. I've taken care of that. I'm just surprised it was being done here.
· ·

Comments

• Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator mod
    Honestly,

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    · ·
  • JohnHenryJohnHenry Posts: 70Member
    Tracking

It appears to me (cursory looksee) that any tracking from here is via google ads, not anything that Dan's techies are doing.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
    · ·
  • Paul48Paul48 Posts: 2,429Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Dan

I made couple purchases, online.....one clothing, one appliance parts. Adds for those sites including the parts I purchased, appeared on the side bar of this site. I'm not all that savvy with the computer. If it's someone else tracking, how do they get it on your site? Just curious, I think I'm somewhat protected now.
    · ·
    Google

We have Google ads on our site. They watch and respond as you experienced. We're not tracking you. Google pretty much watches everything we all do. I accepted that years ago.

Thanks for the business!
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    · ·
    Thanks Dan

As I said, I'm not that savvy with the computer. I'm sorry for the accusation. Ya know...I had no delusions that I was not being watched when I was on the computer. I just never had undeniable evidence before.
    · ·
    No worries.

Most days, I can't even keep track of myself!
    Site Administrator

dan@heatinghelp.com

Hug your kids.
    · ·
  • pipekingpipeking Posts: 252Member
    it's goggle

it's called ad choices, and they use your goggle cookies or what ever and show u ads of sites that u have subcribed to. u can go on any site that has ad choices and u will see familiar web sites.
    · ·
    Spook Stuff

I'm no "Conspiracy Theorist", but imagine what the government has watching peoples movements on the computer. Got a camera in that laptop?
    · ·
  • TomTom Posts: 313Member
    I've thought about it...

and if they really wanna watch my boring life, let them. It would only be nice to know when they are watching, I would at least consider wearing pants.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!