Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Dan

Paul48
Paul48 Member Posts: 4,469
How and why is this site tracking my activities on the internet? I guess I should thank you, because I didn't realize that I wasn't protected from tracking. I've taken care of that. I'm just surprised it was being done here.

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,512
    Honestly,

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Retired and loving it.
  • JohnHenry_2
    JohnHenry_2 Member Posts: 70
    Tracking

It appears to me (cursory looksee) that any tracking from here is via google ads, not anything that Dan's techies are doing.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Paul48
    edited February 2013
    Dan

I made couple purchases, online.....one clothing, one appliance parts. Adds for those sites including the parts I purchased, appeared on the side bar of this site. I'm not all that savvy with the computer. If it's someone else tracking, how do they get it on your site? Just curious, I think I'm somewhat protected now.
  • DanHolohan
    Google

We have Google ads on our site. They watch and respond as you experienced. We're not tracking you. Google pretty much watches everything we all do. I accepted that years ago.

Thanks for the business!
    Retired and loving it.
  • Paul48
    Thanks Dan

As I said, I'm not that savvy with the computer. I'm sorry for the accusation. Ya know...I had no delusions that I was not being watched when I was on the computer. I just never had undeniable evidence before.
  • DanHolohan
    No worries.

Most days, I can't even keep track of myself!
    Retired and loving it.
  • pipeking
    pipeking Member Posts: 252
    it's goggle

it's called ad choices, and they use your goggle cookies or what ever and show u ads of sites that u have subcribed to. u can go on any site that has ad choices and u will see familiar web sites.
  • Paul48
    Spook Stuff

I'm no "Conspiracy Theorist", but imagine what the government has watching peoples movements on the computer. Got a camera in that laptop?
  • Tom_133
    Tom_133 Member Posts: 883
    I've thought about it...

and if they really wanna watch my boring life, let them. It would only be nice to know when they are watching, I would at least consider wearing pants.
    Tom
    Montpelier Vt
This discussion has been closed.