To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Near boiler piping

Due to Sandy flooding I had to have a licensed plumber replace my boiler (submerged). It was hammering severely and I had this plumber come back. He redid the piping around the burner and the hammering went away. However, the new boiler bounces several inches in the sight glass and then drains to the point that the LWC kicks in. The burner shuts down for about a minute and once the water level rises it kicks back in. I had another licensed plumber in to do some gas work and he claims this is due to the near boiler piping and would be $1800 to correct or get the guy who did it to come back again. He said the issues he saw were the Mfr states the riser should be 2.5 inches plumber used 2 inches. Pipe used for riser is galvanized and then copper to the header. Condensate return was incorrect, it should be below the waterline which is 23 13/16 inches. I am just a homeowner and agree it does not look like the illustration. It is a williamson gsa125. I have attached some photos and the mfr piping page. Any guidance is appreciated.
jpg
jpg
MFR Piping.jpg
0B
JPG
JPG
Boiler RS .JPG
0B
JPG
JPG
Boiler RS Measured.JPG
0B
JPG
JPG
Top to Header .JPG
0B
JPG
JPG
Top to Header Measured.JPG
0B
JPG
JPG
Boiler RS Measured1.JPG
0B
JPG
JPG
Boiler LS.JPG
0B
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!