To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Clean Steam generator

DrewMDrewM Posts: 10Member
We are building a new mechanical room in a hospital, and using power plant steam (90 psi) to generate clean steam (15 psi) from softened water with Aerco steam generators for humidification. We are using Dristeem Ultra-sorb Model XV steam dispersion panels in the ductwork. The panels produce condensate, which our engineer has us collecting and sending back to the power plant along with the regular condensate. Is this a good idea? I would think it would throw off the power plant water chemistry.
· ·

Comments

• EBEBRATT-EdEBEBRATT-Ed Posts: 1,050Member ✭✭✭
    condensate

Not a water treatment expert but softened water is probably good. Also the quantity i would think is not enough to be an issue
    · ·
  • DrewMDrewM Posts: 10Member
    Humidifier

Humidifier panels have two steam ports- one for humidifier steam (which could come from a separate source) and one to run a small heat exchanger that guarantees that all the humidifier steam is evaporated. It's the second one that creates the condensate. In our case all this steam is generated from softened water at the (power plant) steam powered steam generator. I am worried about sending back the untreated water from a source outside of the boiler feedwater system. Even if it works in practice, the theory bugs me.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!