To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

National Convectors

I bought an old farm house and has hot water convectors on the walls. These are marked National Art Convector, National Radiator Co.  I know very little about them, they have "fins" that would remind me of a baseboard but a large metal cabinet. Can anyone tell me what the age of these is and any other info about them.  I am thinking about going  to old cast iron radiators in the house but would like to know more about these convectors.  I have included a few pictures that may help.


  • billtwocasebilltwocase Member Posts: 2,385

    are 50's-early 60's. Although cast iron is the best, JMHO, these were damn close. 
  • Pughie1Pughie1 Member Posts: 116
    "Every Darn Radiator"

    There's a book Dan's got out - EDR - Every Darn Radiator. The're in there. How old is the house?

                                                     John Pughe
  • icesailoricesailor Member Posts: 7,265
    Recessed Convectors:

    The one on the right is a recessed convector.

    They work fine.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!