To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Compressor Burn out

This is R-22 system for three door reach-in refrigerator. when a compressor burnout what happens to the refrigerant and oil? does the freon get contaminated and converts from what?
· ·

Comments

• TechmanTechman Posts: 1,976Member ✭✭✭
    Burn baby burn!

When the oil gets contaminated , it can develop hydrochloric ,hydrofluoric( etch glass anyone?) and olayic acids. It is my understanding that the freon does not get damaged.
    · ·
  • Eugene SilbersteinEugene Silberstein Posts: 349Member ✭✭
    Damaged refrigerant

The refrigerant does get damaged, as the hydrofluoric and hydrofluoric acids are formed, in part, by the fluorine and the chlorine in R-22.

Happy Presidents Day.... a little early
    Eugene
    · ·
    Damaged freon

If reusing the damaged freon ,does installing acid neutralizing filter driers reconstitute the freon back into an acceptable condition? I recover the freon thru filter driers, put the freon back into the same system, install acid F/D's , and I have no known problems. I have no repeat comp failurers, on the same system, so I believe I'm doing the proper thing!
    · ·
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 542Member ✭✭
    3 door reach in

We are talking what 18oz of refrigerant? Put nice clean freon in and a clean up dryer on the suction side. Also put a hh dryer on the liquid side and sleep easy my friend.
    · ·
    18oz

How about 18lbs.or 10lbs. And since I don't have any repeat burnouts I do sleep easy. Small stuff, no problem replaceing the freon.
    · ·
  • unclejohnunclejohn Posts: 542Member ✭✭
    18#s

Must be satans three door reach in.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!