Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Disassemble Burnham V1113

Heh Guys,

I have to replace all the nipples of a Burnham V1113. I have takend boilers apart but to date they have all been Smiths and had gaskets on them. Anyone have any advice on breaking apart the boiler in general. I don't won't to lose our **** on this and don't want to damage any of the sections. There is a leak at the number 7 section. So we are going to take it apart which shouldn't be too bad but I am worried about the nipples. Any and all advice would be appreciated. This boiler is about 12 years old.

Thanks,

Gav

Comments

• sdc
    sdc Member Posts: 12
    good luck

been there, done that. Its wasn't any fun.....Make sure you have the right size rope gasket, comes with the nipple kit if I remember correctly. I didnt have any major problems removing the nipples...tapped out slowly and evenly with a piece of round stock from behind. Hopefully you dont have to replace any sections because I dont think the newly manufactured sections fit that age of boiler. We have replaced alot of the V9 with Buderus". I personally wont do a job like that unless we go time and material after trying to fit up new sections into the V9....alot of frustration on something that should be that hard.
This discussion has been closed.