To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Bathroom fan code?

ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 2,841Member ✭✭✭
This feels like a dumb post but I like to do things the right way.  I'm installing a fan in our main bathroom as it doesn't have one.

Are there any codes I should be aware of?  8x10 bathroom with a tub\shower and I'm planning on a 110CFM fan vented via 4" flexduct via a damper on the roof.  Fan will be controlled by a 3 switch control for light, fan, night light installed by the door and out of reach from the tub.
Weil-McLain EG-40 connected to 392sqft of radiation via two 2" risers into a 3" drop header and 2" equalizer. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment Typical operating pressure 0.5 - 1.0 inch wc.

Steam system pictures updated 1/25/15.
https://picasaweb.google.com/thetube0a3/Boiler?authkey=Gv1sRgCImUxIqv9436MQ#

Don't push the envelope, eliminate it.
· ·

Comments

• Bob HarperBob Harper Posts: 699Member ✭✭
    bathroom ventilation considerations

Based upon the 2009 IRC:

min. 50 cfm intermittent ventilation or 20 cfm continuous

must discharge directly to outdoors--not attics, garages or crawlspaces

flex duct flame spread 200 or less

joints sealed with UL181 B-FX tape or 181 f-M mastic

three screws equidistantly spaced at connection to flanges

seal penetrations per energy code

fireblocking per R302.11

corrosion resistant screen, grilles, or louvers

outlet protected from direct weather

one wall switch controlled light-may be occupancy controlled

HTH,
    · ·
  • ChrisJChrisJ Posts: 2,841Member ✭✭✭
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply Bob I appreciate it.
    Weil-McLain EG-40 connected to 392sqft of radiation via two 2" risers into a 3" drop header and 2" equalizer. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment Typical operating pressure 0.5 - 1.0 inch wc.

Steam system pictures updated 1/25/15.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/thetube0a3/Boiler?authkey=Gv1sRgCImUxIqv9436MQ#

Don't push the envelope, eliminate it.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!