To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
Need to contact us? Visit

Who replaces air conditioning and coolant houses?

Hi Friends,

I have been having some problems with my car. It's a 2001 Ford Taurus, and it has been in pretty good condition except lately its hoses have been leaking. The coolant hose leaks really bad, also my air conditioning has a hose

that leaks front faster than I can put it in. Since it's nearly

summer here in Louisiana, I want to fix my AC! So who do I take it to

have the hoses replaced?

Thank You

Steve Holmes


  • John MillsJohn Mills Member Posts: 745
    Car repair shops

    I would say any place that does major car repairs. All the chains, Goodyear, Firestone, Midas. Probably best results from a locally owned independent shop. 
  • Eugene SilbersteinEugene Silberstein Member Posts: 349

    As experience has indicated, I often recommend that the car go back to the dealer for repair. You are going to get factory parts and, quite often, a better guarantee on the repair.

This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!