To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

The Mystery nobody can figure out

JEMM55JEMM55 Posts: 47Member
Intermittent Pilot Ignition

I still have this problem and it seems nobody can figure it out..

Ultimately I will be changing to a new powerflame burner due to this MYSTERY!!!

Loss of pressure across pilot solenoid

I have a Weil McClain model 580 with a Midco burner.

I am having a problem with the pilot.... it lights only intermittently when the boiler calls for heat or hot water.

Everything is freshly tuned...ignition, flame rod, all electronics ignition check out and there is excellent spark

The main gas pressure is over 6in col water. The pressure before the solenoid is also 6 after a 30 inch run past the regulator. The burner calls for 3.5 in column after the solenoid. BUT....No matter what I do the pressure drops to 1.8 max.

New solenoid, proper electric feed, everything clean but can't get higher pressure so the pilot is lighting only intermittently.

This is the mystery nobody can figure out...Any ideas are welcome........help?
· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!