Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

taco

gypsy
gypsy Member Posts: 84
wondering if should it be making rattling noises after one year and get so hot it cannot be touched?

also could a problem with it be the reason we cant take hot showers without all pipes going back to the boiler banging because of what seems like sporadic/bounding water pressure(this has been happening since installation)?

Edit:  I read a couple posts by Noel regarding superstore hot water heaters and i think i should post a little more info.  First off, this has been happening since day one of the installation of a new psb4d dunkirk 112,500 btu boiler and superstore water heater(i believe the superstore is a 40 gallon)  This new system replaced an arcoliner which worked with no problems.  the hot water tank is feeding a washer, sink, and dishwasher on the first floor, and a sink, and shower/tub on the second.  there is minimal hot water pressure in the downstairs sink, the upstairs sink is fine, as is the tub-since we cranked up the temp, but the shower is unusable and has been since day one.  the shower is in an old cast iron tub with  a faucet which is a tub/hand held shower combo.  it fills at 12 gallons per minute and is a 120 gallon tub.  I was assured that this system would be sufficient for the bathroom, but after reading Noels posts i am questioning that and wondering if its still a piping issue and now also an inadequately sized system. (ill put the heating problems in another post unless they are relevant here too)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.