To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Securing Oil Tanks to prevent floating away

FonzieFonzie Posts: 1Member
With this recent storm I saw several oil tanks that floated to new locations.  My own oil tanks (2) located outside  floated up then tipped over but I didn't suffer any leakage.

On FEMA's website they show to secure the tanks with straps and rods in the ground but I've never seen them at heating supply stores.

Do you gents have any ideas how to secure oil tanks to prevent tipping or floating away in a flood condition?
·

Comments

• billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,102Member ✭✭✭
    strapping them down

This has been law here on my part of Cape Cod for decades, when near tidal or flood zones. It most definitely needs to be on a concrete slab or floor, I use strike anchors, cable and nippers, 2 straps per tank. They go nowhere. These I buy from a local lumber supply yard that sells about everything
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!