To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Old Boiler

I have aboiler dated around 1930'S

The model is SRM-60111

THE IMPUT IS 150,000/OUTPUT 120,000 BT

When the system calls for heat it begins to shake the pipes.

I am not sure how to properly troubleshoot the system.

Thank you for your reponse.
· ·

Comments

• billtwocasebilltwocase Posts: 2,048Member ✭✭✭
    you either

have a lot of air, excessive temp, faulty extrol tank, or an old B&G with a broken coupling. Could be anything. Pics might help
    · ·
  • Aaron_in_MaineAaron_in_Maine Posts: 145Member
    Replace

1930's replace it.
    Aaron Hamilton Heating
    ahheating@ yahoo.com
    (207)229-7717
    · ·
  • Plumber_52Plumber_52 Posts: 7Member
    Old boiler

Thank you for your response.

I also spoke with our local supplier and am going to do a Furnox cleaning conditioning and silencing treatment and parts. To start.

Thanks again !
    · ·
    Old boiler

I also spoke with our local supplier and am going to do a Furnox cleaning conditioning and silencing treatment and parts. To start.

Thanks again !
    · ·
    Old boiler

Thanks again !
    · ·
    Old boiler

Thanks again !
    · ·
    Old boiler

Thanks again !
    · ·
  • nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Posts: 5,480Member ✭✭✭
    Cleanliness next to godliness?

I am sure that cleaning the boiler is good when it has become dirty, but how did it become so dirty? I am assuming this is a hot water system, and the problem may be more than dirt inside.

Is the aquastat allowing the temperature to shoot up out of control? Is the system pressure so low as to allow some boiling to take place, with an elevated temperature?

There are some informative books in the shop here which will enable you to diagnose and repair this problem before the snow flies.--NBC
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!