To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Rinnai q130 boiler

Got a q130 boiler that won't fire. Boiler tech told me it may need an outside reset. My understanding is that these units fire once it senses flow. I have a 3 zone hydronic system with 3 brand new taco IFC circulators with a 4 zone taco relay. WHAT the hell could be wrong? Any1 got advice your help is appreciated
· ·

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carternicholas bonham-carter Posts: 5,546Member ✭✭✭
    Proper selection

Is this a domestic water heater being used for hot water heating?

If it is, keep it feeding your hot water needs, and get a boiler.--NBC
    · ·
  • HDEHDE Posts: 212Member
    edited November 2012
    Not a tankless

It's an Atag boiler imported from UK and labeled Rinnai.

Sorry too much to diagnose to give you an easy answer, no magic button to push on this one.
    Post edited by HDE on
    · ·
  • JackJack Posts: 767Member ✭✭✭
    Pre-purge

Does the unit run through the pre-purge cycle? It is 17 min on start-up!
    · ·
  • Steve1000rSteve1000r Posts: 3Member
    Solved

Problem solved! You gotta run t stat wire from "xx" on the relay to 22 and 23 on the boiler. Unit fired right up!
    · ·
  • Steve1000rSteve1000r Posts: 3Member
    Solved

Problem solved! You gotta run t stat wire from "xx" on the relay to 22 and 23 on the boiler. Unit fired right up!
    · ·
  • HDEHDE Posts: 212Member
    You never said it was a new install

More than once an installer expected products from different manufacturers to magically wirelessly talk to each other.

If you didn't know they can't it must be a DIY install, hope other things go as well for you.
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!