To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Seriously, you'd think people would know by now.

Dan HolohanDan Holohan Posts: 11,944Moderator mod
Site Administrator

Hug your kids.

• JStarJStar Posts: 2,630Member ✭✭✭

Generators should only be sold with an attached CO detector.
    - Joe Starosielec
    732-494-4357 ext. 2
  • Jim DavisJim Davis Posts: 578Member
    Can't fix stupid

Just think they might be healthy enough to vote next week.
  • Bob HarperBob Harper Posts: 700Member ✭✭
    other sources of indoor CO

We get Asians who cook indoors with hibachi grilles using charcoal, which produce gobs of CO. They won't listen to reason. My next door ethnic Chinese have two on the back porch. 
  • Jean-David BeyerJean-David Beyer Posts: 2,472Member ✭✭✭
    other sources of indoor CO

When the electricity failed here in NJ for a week, it got pretty cold here because my mod-con would not operate. So not hot water and no showers and no kitchen stove either.

And I could not even read after 3:30PM or so because it got too dark.

I did have a coupla flashlights with good D-cells in them. But I lit 8 candles. Not enough to read by, but I had them in my bedroom and closed the door. After a while, my high sensitivity CO detector went off, so I put out 2 of the candles. It goes off at 7 PPM.

I was surprised that the candles (plain paraffin candles) produced any CO, since they get all the oxygen they want from the air. But they do.

Needless to say, the legal CO detectors from the big box stores did not go off.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!