To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.
I've been posting here off and on for the last couple of years, complaining about issues stemming from my oversized boiler. Over the summer, I got a great deal on a new Burnham IN-5. Being pretty handy, I decided to install it myself I also added a water feeder that I didn't have before. The assembly and wiring were pretty straightforward. One of the maintenance guys at work showed me how to use a pipe threader, and that worked out OK too. I wanted to save as much of the existing piping as I could, so I opted for a drop header. The system has an overhead dry return, and I used the original connection without a Hartford loop. (I've had this discussion before, and it serves no real purpose on a dry return other than to collect sediment.) I just made sure that the return connected well below the water line. I washed all the oil out/off of every piece of pipe I put in and used Teflon tape instead of pipe dope, so I hope I don't need to do a lot of skimming. I also added a capped stub out of the second (optional) steam outlet for using a hose to flush the boiler and for adding chemicals (Squick) if necessary. I re-used the old mercury style pressuretrol from my old boiler, since those seem more reliable than the micro-switch unit that came with the boiler. I fired it up this morning, tested the LWCO and feeder . . . and all seems good. Whoooeee! Can't wait for cold weather!
0 · ·