To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

aprilaire 1730A

just purchased the aprilaire 1730a dehumidifier for my basement. its working beautifully as i type this. just wondering about the filter. they have a washable filter inside the unit, i was wondering if it would affect performance if i removed that and installed an aprilaire 2210 series filter in the ducting on the inlet side.

• BillWBillW Posts: 139Member
    Dehumidifer filter

The filter is there to keep dust bunnies and other big debris out of the coil.  The manufacturer should have washing instructions in the manual, but I check mine monthly.  If you let dust accumulate, you will eventually get nuisance shut-downs or excessive ice buildup.  I would stick with the manufacturer's recommended filter, and follow their maintenance instructions.  Make sure you pump or run the condensate into a sump or outdoors; if you don't, you're just recycling the water.
This discussion has been closed.

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!