Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Ceiling Panels for Garage??

Options
Ayagirl
Ayagirl Member Posts: 6
Wondering if I should use them for fully insulated garage with an endless pool to keep warm for about 3 hrs. a day max.

One place said 1000watts above pool would be sufficient. What do you think? I live in NY and when not in pool there will be NO heat.

Would a garage heater be better? Please let me know as a I need to make a decision ASAP. Thanks!

Comments

• NRT_Rob
    NRT_Rob Member Posts: 1,013
    Options
    if you mean

the infrared heaters, maybe. typical radiant ceiling, probably not. output would not likely be enough to raise the temperature quickly.

be aware any indoor pool room should be maintained at a temperature ABOVE POOL TEMPERATURE to avoid unnecessary evaporation.
    Rob Brown
    Designer for Rockport Mechanical
    in beautiful Rockport Maine.
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    Options
    Electric Radiant Cielings

I've experienced electric radiant a couple times.16 years ago I rented a home with some type of electric radiant embedded in a plaster cieling. The electric bills were enormous, so we turned it completely off during the day, and back on again when arriving home. But it didn't take very long to heat the place up, in fact I was impressed by the effect of the radiant ceiling.

Where I worked at the school district, some of the portable classrooms were fitted with 24x48 electric radiant panels that laid into the ceiling grid. They also worked very well, even if they were heavy and tended to fall out while the building was moved.

So, I would say you could get good output from electric radiant ceilings, but be prepared to get an electrician involved, and don't complain when the utility bill arrives.2 
This discussion has been closed.