Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I give too much away.

Tim McElwain
Tim McElwain Member Posts: 4,612
Way back when Hot Surface igniters first showed up on equipment I developed a switch that could be used to easily take microamps without possible damage to the multi-meter from the 120 VAC signal going through the microamp circuit on the multimeter. I had several of my techs at the gas company put together about 200 of them. I gave one to the Robertshaw rep at that time my good friend Dave Benjamin and Robertshaw came out with it in their catalog about six months later. Not a problem as I tend to simply want to make folks job easier. I also gave one to the Carlin rep and the drawing of how to do it was also given and it showed up in their instruction for their G3B burner.

Well it seems someone is now looking to re-invent my invention ( I have no patents as it would not have been mine it would have belonged to Providence Gas Company) and call it their own and will sell it from their website. I consider that unethical to say the least and would at least like recognition by naming the device after me. Not too much to ask.

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Prior art...

You might not be able to circumvent their patent, but you can toss a stick in their spokes by sending a note to the patent office examiner and showing prior art.

ME
    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,540
    Tim

Don't even waste time thinking about this,by your own admission,it would belong to an ex- employer. Who cares? Concentrate on marketing and growing your business and forget about stuff like this,it's a waste of time and energy! You NEED a website! And if by chance you do come up with something like this in the future,see an attorney,not a "friend"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    I had a long conversation with a combustion engineer

once about the need for an air filter on the intake on power gas burners. Then a certain yellow cast iron condensing boiler was introduced to the market. Keep moving forward. We all know you had the answer first.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
This discussion has been closed.