To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

a puzzle for all you super-smart steamies

jpf321jpf321 Posts: 1,558Member
OK .. below are thermal imagery 2 videos...there is a significant difference between them .. . can you explain WHY?

VIDEO #1 (real-time: 20mins  video duration: 16s): http://vimeo.com/35013987

VIDEO #2 (real-time: 30mins  video duration: 26s): http://vimeo.com/35023062

The difference in video lengths is not critical to the puzzle, I just wanted to be sure that I had a complete data set for video #2. There is a timestamp on each video so you can pause them both at about 20mins and compare.

Feel free to download the videos if you like and look at them in your favorite viewer.

I also have all the 500 FLIR source images if anyone would like them.

FACTS:

+ it is the same radiator in both videos

+ i posted about it last year (or maybe the year before) but never made a video until now

+ it is the same exact radiator vent and it was not altered or disturbed between the 2 shoots

+ there is no floor valve (only an elbow) so nothing about the inlet has changed

+ the room is approximately (+/-1degF) temp in both videos

+ the finish on the rad was altered in anyway (it was not painted or anything like that)

+ there were no control setting changes made on the boiler .. but due to TRVs throughout, I cannot say whether the same load was on during both shoots... but this shouldn't be relevant

+ there was no fan blowing or anything like that

Further Hints: available upon request .. (I will be away Saturday and Sunday...so requests made during that time will have to wait until Sunday night .. )
Entire Site | MAIN WALL | Strictly Steam | Off-Wall

1-pipe Homeowner - Queens, NYC

NEW: SlantFin Intrepid TR-30 + Tankless + Riello 40-F5 @ 0.85gph | OLD: Fitzgibbons 402 boiler + Beckett "SR" Oil Gun @ 1.75gph

installed: 0-20oz/si gauge | vaporstat | hour-meter | gortons on all rads | 1pc G#2 + 1pc G#1 on each of 2 mains

Connected EDR load: 371 sf venting load: 2.95cfm vent capacity: 4.62cfm

venting worksheet download | Lost Art Of Steam Heating | my NEW system pics | my OLD system pics | old patents | pipe size chart | Copper Size Chart: K,L,M

· ·

Comments

This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!