To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

Weil-McLain bulletin AE-8403

DuffDuff Posts: 51Member
Has anyone got a bulletin put out by weil mcLain AE-8403??? It pretains to "reservoir Pipe" for a steam boiler. It's a 8inch pipe used on a steam return that is very slow. I was curious about the sizing and the recomended piping layout. Thanks
·

Comments

• crash2009crash2009 Posts: 1,484Member
    Yes

I have a bulletin that describes what you ask.  Not sure if it's exactly what you are looking for. but here it is. 
    pdf
    pdf
    EG55resovoir.pdf
    0B
    ·
  • DuffDuff Posts: 51Member
    Duff

Thanks crash for your help....stay warm.
    ·
  • crash2009crash2009 Posts: 1,484Member
    Yer welcome

This room is pretty warm.
    jpg
    jpg
    Boiler_Room 022.jpg
    0B
    ·
  • RodRod Posts: 2,067
    Better Reservoir Drawing

Hi-   This is the up to date Weil-McLain manual and the detail of the drawing and instructions on page 16 seems to be a bit clearer.  Finding an 8 inch threaded pipe nipple may be a bit tough as the biggest I've seen readily available are 6 inch.

As Crash mentioned, I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. If you are getting slow condensate return I would check that your wet return is not clogged up and clean or replace it before thinking about installing a reservoir.

- Rod
    pdf
    pdf
    egh_boiler_manual.pdf
    0B
    ·
  • DuffDuff Posts: 51Member
    thanks for the help

thanks Rod I was just wondering about that reservoir for the next time I'm looking at a job. It's so important to read the manufactures installation guide. I just hate surprizes. Thanks again
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!