Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Kohler Steam Radiators

Hello,

I have old Kohler radiators in my house. I am trying to compute the total sq. ft of steam. Does anyone know where I could find rating charts on Kohler radiators circa 1940. The only thing I could find on this site is an old Kohler brochure which does show the radiators but there are no rating charts. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• ChrisJ
    ChrisJ Member Posts: 15,588
    Kohler

I'm not sure which ones you have but I have many large tube Kohler radiators.  20" high and around 8" deep I came up with 2.6sqft per section.  I have two that are 22" high and used 2.8sqft per section for those.

Do you have any pictures or measurments?  They would help greatly.
    Single pipe quasi-vapor system. Typical operating pressure 0.14 - 0.43 oz. EcoSteam ES-20 Advanced Control for Residential Steam boilers. Rectorseal Steamaster water treatment
  • Positive Solution
    Positive Solution Member Posts: 21
    Thin Tube

The Kohler radiation that I have is thin tube about 19" high. It is the same radiation that is located in the Kohler brochure that is on the Heating Help website. The brochure is from the 1940s or 1950s.
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,419
    if they are....

19" high and 5" deep figure 1.75 sq ft....... if they are 7 " figure  2.25 sq ft. ea. section.
This discussion has been closed.