To get email notification when someone adds to a thread you're following, click on the star in the thread's header and it will turn yellow; click again to turn it off. To edit your profile, click on the gear.
The Wall has a powerful search engine that will go all the way back to 2002. Use "quotation marks" around multiple-word searches. RIGHT-CLICK on the results and choose Open Link In New Window so you'll be able to get back to your results. Happy searching!
In fairness to all, we don't discuss pricing on the Wall. Thanks for your cooperation.

radiator air valve leaking question

tom83tom83 Posts: 2Member
Hello,

I have a question about a leaking air valve, lately its been spewing out hot water and steam. My question is it a matter of replacing the air valve? I have attached pictures of the radiator. Any help is appreciated.
jpeg
jpeg
rad1.jpeg
0B
jpeg
jpeg
rad2.jpeg
0B
· ·

Comments

• furnacefigher15furnacefigher15 Posts: 470Member
    edited December 2011
    Replace the valve

It's likely time to start replacing all those those little buggers.

Just noticed the piping arangement

Is this a hot water boiler?
    Post edited by furnacefigher15 on
    · ·
  • tom83tom83 Posts: 2Member

Yes, this is a hot water boiler. I am not sure what to replace them with? Thanks.
    · ·
  • Jean-David BeyerJean-David Beyer Posts: 2,452Member ✭✭✭
    Are you sure?

I am not a professional, but I never heard of putting steam vent valves on hot water radiators. Also, I would think for a hot water system, there would just be a little coin valve on the radiator, and the supply and return pipes would be on opposite ends of the radiator.

On the other hand, if it is a steam system, that vent valve would be on the opposite end of the radiator from the steam entry pipe and about half way down..
    · ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!