Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Trane chiller trips on excessive condenser pressure

Hi,

Can you please explain the possible causes for "excessive condenser water pressure " for a trane water cooled chiller. Model RTHD seriec 210 Tr .

Thanks & regards

kurian

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752

Has the pump ever been changed or the piping modified?
  • ackurian
    ackurian Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Actual issue Excessive condenser pressure for trane chiller

No change in pump or piping lines.

There are two chillers of same capacity, but there is an issue that the CHW return to the evaporator coil for both chillers are at different temperature.

And the chiller that trips (say CH-2) has evaporator entering temp  12degreeC & is always running at 115-120 % Full load amps.

While the othre one (CH-1)has evaporator entering temp  6.5degreeC & is always running at 30-40% Full load amps.

The chiller that trips (CH-2)has condenser water inlet /  outlet temp of 34 /41degee C( desing is 34 / 39.5 )

other chiller (CH-1) has condenser water inlet /  outlet temp of 34 /37degee C( desing is 34 / 39.5 )
  • meplumber
    meplumber Member Posts: 678
    Sounds like a flow problem

My initial guess would be to look at flow rate.  Do you have flowmeters on the system?  Is there a way to determine the output of the pump? 

I would start there.
  • JStar
    I would look into...

...the problem condenser being sludged up. Maybe just enough to cause a back pressure on the pump.
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    Trane Chiller

Are we talking excessive freon press ?, or excessive condensor water press ?There's a pressure safety on the water side?
  • JStar
    Good point.

Higher refrigerant pressure could still be due to a clogged up condenser.
  • Empire_2
    Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,343
    Agreed, need info.

Water cooled cond or air cooled ? Chime bach in so we can try to help.

Mike T.
This discussion has been closed.